Ep.05: Get Into Flying and Careers in Aviation
Get Into Flying and Careers In Aviation are this episode’s focus, with two interview and plenty of chat.
We have an interview with Lt Jonathan Duke, a Royal Navy Sea King Pilot and the man behind the new Get Into Flying website, which aims to encourage anyone interested in aviation, on just how they can get involved.
We also have a report from the Royal Aeronautical Society with advice and guidance for those considering a career in aviation, whether through flying, maintenance, support or other operational roles.
In the news section of the programme we talk everything from the British race to the moon, Families Day at RAF Benson and Chinooks at 50!
We also listen to some feedback from listeners, answer some questions and there is also an amusingly long out-take segment to wrap up the show. We’ll try better next time!
Running Order (Hrs.Mins.Secs):
- 0.01.45 News Update
- 0.11.51 Get Into Flying interview with Lt Jonathan Duke
- 0.38.10 RAeS Careers in Aviation, interview
- 0.54.00 Get involved, listener feedback
- 1.02.15 Promoting Aviation
- 1.10.05 Programme end and outtakes
- 1.13.10 End
Links for this show:
• GetIntoFlying http://www.getintoflying.co.uk/
• RAeS Careers http://www.aerosociety.com/Careers-Education
• GAR Magazine http://www.global-aviation-magazine.com/
• RaeS Events and Lectures http://www.aerosociety.com/Events/Calendar
• RAF Museum www.rafmuseum.org.uk/
• Shuttleworth Collection www.shuttleworth.org/
• RaeS Aviation Pub Quiz http://www.aerosociety.com/Events/Event-List/436/Aero-Pub-Quiz-2012
• RAF Benson http://www.raf.mod.uk/rafbenson/
• Chinook at 50 http://media.aerosociety.com/aerospace-insight/2012/08/24/chinook-celebrates-half-century/7240/
• Bruntingthorpe http://www.bruntingthorpeaviation.com/open-days/ http://www.lightnings.org.uk/ http://thebuccaneeraviationgroup.com/BuccaneerWebTest/index.html
• Popham, Compton Abbas Airfield’s http://www.popham-airfield.co.uk/ http://www.comptonabbasairfield.co.uk/