Flight Lieutenant Jamie Norris, the Royal Air Force’s 2013 Eurofighter Typhoon Display Pilot is our main guest, supported by a review of some great aviation books and a look back at a year in aviation.
Jamie tells us what it’s like to fly the Eurofighter Typhoon and experience the sheer exhilaration, power, thrust and agility of the UK’s front line multi-role aircraft.
Pieter takes a look at some of the great aviation books that are on the market and that any aviation enthusiast needs to have on their shelf, and the whole team take a look back at 2012, our year in aviation.
Listener mail, Tweets, recordings and Facebook messages make for an interesting Get Involved segment and of course there are always the out-takes to keep you amused!
Xtended is now also available via Stitcher, where you can listen to all your favourite talk radio shows and podcasts, on-demand, via one a single mobile app.
Stitcher is available as a FREE app download for both iPhone / iPad and Android devices – visit the Stitcher website for more information or look for the app in the app store / marketplace.
Running Order (Hrs.Mins.Secs):
- 0.02.31 News Update
- 0.16.53 2012 Review
- 0.25.35 Flight Lieutenant Jamie Norris (2013 RAF Typhoon Display Pilot)
- 0.42.12 Aviation Books
- 0.55.04 Get Involved
- 1.10.35 Aviation Shout Outs
- 1.19.37 Programme end and out-takes
- 1.22.14 End
Links for this show:
- Storm Front by Rowland White
- Scram by Harry Benson The Gripping First-hand Account of the Helicopter War in the Falklands.
- The Phantom in Focus by David Gledhill.
- Before There Were Trolley Dollies by Angela Waller
- Mac ‘Serge’ Tucker Fighter Pilot: the Adventures Beyond the Sound Barrier with an Australian Top Gun
- Flight For Control by Karleen Petitt
- Viper Pilot: A Memoir of Air Combat by Dan Hampton
- Fleet Air Arm Helicopters Since 1943
- Miles 52 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Miles-
- Concorde New Shape
- Concorde – feedback from Luke Harris http://www.simhq.com/_air4/air_147a.html
Finally, the Xtended team would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and all best wishes for 2013.