We look at the shortage of aerospace engineers and pilots and have an interview with Dr Stuart Grey from University College London.
We look at the new approach to aerospace education at UCL and talk to Dr Grey about space debris and orbital mechanics.
He explains how the Aerospace Engineering course incorporates concepts and tools from across the whole field of engineering and then takes them higher, faster and further.
We have more of your feedback in the GetInvolved section, along with both a new #X10Top10 and #PodsChallenge
Contact Us Getinvolved@aviation-xtended.co.uk
Running Order (Hrs.Mins.Secs):
- 0.03.39 News and Reviews
- 0.32.18 Dr Stuart Grey UCL
- 0.59.36 X10Top10
- 1.08.20 Get Involved
- 1.11.01 PodsChallenge
- 1.16.29 Rod Holmes TwitterVForce
- 1.28.26 Promoting Aerospace
- 1.43.02 Outtakes
Xtended is available via iTunes (please subscribe and also rate us, as that really helps us continue to secure such great guests) direct download or listen now using the media player below:
- RNHF Pegasus Engine Fit
Dr Stuart Grey and UCL:
#X10Top10 – Top 10 Fictional Aircraft:
10. EB- 52 Megafortress – ‘Flight of the Old Dog’
9. EDI – ‘Stealth’
8. Rocket jetpack – ‘The Rocketeer’
7. Vickers Vandal – Biggles
6. Blue Thunder
5. Thunderbird 2 – ‘Thunderbirds’
3. F-19 Stealth Fighter
2. The Wing – ‘Raiders of the Lost Ark’
1. Firefox – Firefox
For your personal birthday airshow, if you had a choice of any display who would it be and why?
- TwitterVForce twittervforce.com/blog
- Omega Tau Podcast with Markus Voelter featuring Concorde Captain John Hutchinson
- WW1 Aviation Heritage Trust (WAHT) 2 weeks to go 2 x BE2s, 1 SE5A, 1 x Albatros DV, Sopwith Snipe
Other Show Links